….creative spaces, that is. :-)

I sew all around my house! I have fabric, literally, everywhere! When it’s warm, I sew out on the porch. We have a casual house. I rarely cook anymore and I am not one for fancy dishes. So, what is in my china hutch?  Fabric!

cabinet of dreams

Do you see the little sign that says “Believe”?  I think it is telling you not to believe this looks this neat all the time :-)

cabinet of dreams close up

I have an obscene amount of fabric that I am trying to organize … slowly. I’ll show you more of my stash and my sewing “areas” as the year goes on. I’ll show you mine … will you show me yours?

Have a wonderful weekend ~rosie~

9 Responses to I’ll show you mine…

1. gina says:

Wow – what a great idea to use the china cabinet! Unfortunately, I like dishes too…so I need mine for those. lol! I’ve just got this crazy mess w/shelves and bins:

2. erin (ruju) says:

oh my. I am so jealous! Mine does not look like this at all! I do have it everywhere but it is a hot mess everywhere. lol!

3. rosie says:

From piles to metal shelves, I love it all!

4. Vanessa says:

It’s funny, we all must be working on the same thing this year…organizing our stash! I was working on mine this week too. Here’s a portion of my stash at the end of this post: http://livelaughsew.blogspot.com/2010/01/fabric-packrat.html

5. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. I’ll start sharing too, but first some cleaning is in order 😉 I can’t wait to see more of your space.

6. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. I’ll start sharing too, but first some cleaning is in order 😉 I can’t wait to see more of your space.

7. ilena says:

What a beautiful cabinet & such a treasure of fabrics inside. I too suffer from a lack of places to put my “stuff”. If only there were an easy, inexpensive, & attractive looking solution!

8. donkee says:

I love it! So extremely neat and organized – I love it in the red cabinet/hutch. It’s so funny because I have two huge red bookcases too and lately, I’ve been using the bottom shelf for fabric rather than books.

I don’t have a picture of it yet, but I do have a pic of a small metal shelving unit I use for a bit of fabric storage. You can see a bit of the red bookcases flanking it:

The rest of my fabric? Well, they’ve taken over everywhere else…I need storage desperately! :)